The objective of this course is to increase the knowledge, skills and abilities in supplier Cost Analysis and Supplier Financial Analysis. Cost analysis is a powerful tool for supply managers and can change the conversation with suppliers to open new opportunities for savings and value creation. Financial Analysis can also provide useful information that will lead to insights about whether your supplier is making too little or too much profit, whether they are generating cash or burning cash and if new risks may have arisen in recent reporting periods.
Member Price: $1,199.00
May 8-9, 2024
- Price & Cost Development and Roles: Understanding when focus on Price is appropriate and focus on Cost is worth the effort, identifying the stage of Price & Cost and your role activity
- Elements of Cost: Developing a cost understanding of materials, labor, overhead and profits
- Uses of Price and Cost Analysis: Leveraging information to make decisions on interaction strategies with suppliers
- Target Costing: Working within an organization to develop an anticipated cost to support success
- Should Cost: Reverse engineering of cost to establish a baseline with suppliers
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) : Identifying the useful components of total cost for the category you manage, how to gauge total fixed, variable and semi-variable costs activity
- Financial Analysis and Data: Analyzing supplier financial statements and gaining insights for use in risk management and negotiation prep activity
- Profitability Ratio Analysis: Practicing calculating profitability ratios and gaining insights into a supplier
- Efficiency Ratio Analysis: Practicing calculating efficiency ratios and gaining insights into a supplier
- Opportunity Analysis: A significant number of options exist and an organization must determine which are the appropriate to resource
Virtual Class Schedule:
Day 1 - 10:00 am ET - 1:30 pm ET / 7:00 am PT - 10:30 am PT (3.5 hours), Break for Lunch
Day 1 - 2:30 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET / 11:30 am PT - 3:00 pm PT (3.5 hours)
Day 2 - 10:00 am ET - 1:30 pm ET / 7:00 am PT - 10:30 am PT (3.5 hours), Break for Lunch
Day 2 - 2:30 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET / 11:30 am PT - 3:00 pm PT (3.5 hours)
Who Should Attend:
This supply management training is ideal for fundamental & proficient level professionals involved in the various aspects of strategic sourcing and cost management. Understanding elements of cost will provide proactive supplier strategies to drive down organizational costs and improve profitability. In addition, you will gain insight on the financial health trends with suppliers.
Terms And Conditions
Virtual Learning Transferals: Registrations are transferable without any charge to another ISM Virtual Learning Course occurring within 12 months of the original purchase. Transferring registrations to another party are subject to price variance or change based on membership status and an additional $50 fee will be incurred.
Cancellations Virtual Learning: Cancellations more than 5 weeks before the date of the course will incur an administrative charge of 50 percent. Cancellation within 5 weeks of the date of the event will be charged the full fee. You must notify ISM in writing of a cancellation.
Tax Deduction: The Internal Revenue Service may permit an income tax deduction to U.S. residents for expenses (including registration fees, travel costs, meals and lodging) incurred in pursuit of continuing professional education. Consult your tax adviser for details.