Have a notable program, initiative or case study that other organizations could learn from? Have you solved a pressing problem relating to supply chains and supply management?
Institute for Supply Management® (ISM®) is accepting submissions for the 2024 Supply Chain Trailblazer Awards. The global awards program recognizes organizational programs, teams and initiatives that set new standards, exceed expectations, and help notably advance the supply chain management profession.
The inaugural ISM Awards competition, held in 2022 and featuring six categories, honored 17 programs representing 15 organizations. This year’s competition has expanded to 14 categories. Winners will be honored during ISM World 2024, ISM’s Annual Conference, April 29-May 1 in Las Vegas. Submissions are being accepted through October 13.
Showcasing the awards at the Conference amplifies the winning projects, says Haley Minchew, ISM’s Awards and Community Coordinator. It also offers winners the opportunity to share their successes, ideas and programs with their peers. With more categories, the awards “really lean into a lot of the development and growth that's happening across the profession and ultimately give them a platform and voice,” she says.
The new categories:
- Advanced Technology Digital Impact. Has your company leveraged advanced digital technology (machine learning, artificial intelligence, robotics process automation, the Internet of Things, blockchain and the like) across the function or broader business enterprise? Share an opportunity or problem that you solved.
- Category Management Excellence. Has your organization recently leveraged category management strategies? Share how you demonstrated excellence through solving a problem or taking advantage of an opportunity.
- Data & Analytics Initiative. Share the problem or opportunity your organization has recently solved for leveraging data and analytics across the function or broader business enterprise.
- Logistics Excellence. Share the logistics problem or opportunity your organization has recently solved for the business or enterprise.
- Procurement Solution Provider Impact. Share the problems or opportunities your solution solves for clients. Specific case studies will be required for review.
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) Initiative. Does your organization engage in supplier relationship projects or have an overarching SRM strategy development project? Share how your SRM demonstrates the processes and mechanisms that the procurement team and supplier(s) have put in place to work together on a successful project.
- Supply Chain Consultancy Project. Share the problem or opportunity your organization has recently solved for on behalf of or in partnership with a client.
- Talent Management Excellence. Share the problem or opportunity your organization has recently solved for within the talent of their respective team(s).
An existing category was updated: Risk and Crisis Management was renamed Risk Management and Resilience; an application must include a description of an actual or potential disruption or issue the organization has recently resolved. It should describe risks involved and a crisis or challenge that did or could have occurred and was mitigated or managed by the organization.
The other continuing categories are: Transformation, Diversity Champion, Sustainability Commitment, Thought Leadership Game Changers and Innovation.