Category/Commodity Mgmt Certificate
Supply management continues to evolve from a tactical focus to a strategic focus. Category and commodity managers are responsible for strategic oversight of supply management business sectors. A broad range of duties fall into category and commodity management such as spend analysis, market analysis to discover shifts or emerging innovations, forecasting the supply chain, and performance management to achieve the business goals. This certificate program will help guide professionals to deliver on stakeholder objectives, adapt strategies to keep pace with shifts in market trends, ensure appropriate resources are available through the entire supply chain and drive continuous improvement. Mastery of category and commodity management helps companies meet goals for cost reduction and revenue generation improvement. The course provides access for 60 days from the date of the purchase.
Earning a certificate is not the same as becoming a certified supply management professional. To learn more about the differences between certificates and certification, visit our certificates page.
Member Price: $540.00
The program will have you complete 5 online courses followed by a 25 question quiz to attain a certificate.
This includes the following 5 courses:
- Category Management Strategy Development
- Getting Started with Supply Market Analysis
- Category Management-Supplier Segmentation
- Advanced Strategies for Supply Market Analysis
- Addressing Global Negotiation Challenges
Completing these courses will help you:
- Oversee and maximize the financial and operational value of a group of related commodities, products, or services by identifying and monitoring total spend and consumption
- Keep abreast of market shifts, new alternatives, or inventions
- Forecast market supply and demand
- Continuously evaluate supplier performance to drive down cost, address supplier gaps in measured performance, respond to changing business requirements, and enhance stakeholder satisfaction
Tools and strategies explored in these courses include SWOT analysis, the basic market analysis sheet, the advanced Market analysis sheet, STEEP analysis and Porter's Five Forces.
Terms And Conditions
ISM Promotions: ISM promotions are applicable to registrations where other promotions and discounts have not been applied. Any promotion that contains a deliverable by ISM shall be delivered upon the conclusion of the event and verification of your attendance. ISM reserves the right to substitute any promotion with equal or lesser value.
Cancellation of Certificates: Upon purchase, these courses are non-refundable.
Tax Deduction: The Internal Revenue Service may permit an income tax deduction to U.S. residents for expenses (including registration fees, travel costs, meals and lodging) incurred in pursuit of continuing professional education. Consult your tax adviser for details.
Cancellation: Research purchases are non-refundable.
Intellectual property: This product and the data are protected by United States and International copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may use material on this site for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must obtain our express written permission to reproduce any part of the site or other intellectual property owned by us or to create a link to the site.