Getting Started with Sourcing
Sourcing becomes a strategic advantage when requirements are clear and supplier selection is calculated. When it comes to sourcing, your organization must differentiate needs versus wants to be successful. This ISM supply management sourcing course will show you how using a defined RFx strategy will give you an edge over the competition. In your role as a supply management professional, it is critical to have a plan to align specifications with supplier capabilities. You need to know how purchase timing can play a unique strategic role. This course will provide you with new sourcing skills to set the foundation for success and advancement in your career. The course provides access for 60 days from the date of the purchase.
Member Price: $135.00
- Cycle of Sourcing:
- Dive deep into the first part of the sourcing cycle to learn about recognition of need, specification of need, search strategies and analysis of supplier proposals.
- Recognize Needs:
- Distinguish stakeholder needs versus wants to optimize the purchase.
- Specification Requirements:
- Learn the three main types of a high-quality specification.
- Purchase Timing Options:
- Identify and select an appropriate procurement strategy that considers when you need the sourced product or service.
- Potential Sources:
- Gain insight into the various ways to discover sources and their capabilities.
Who should attend:
New procurement and supply management professionals, as well as more experienced professionals who want to refresh and update their skills. Also, any company employee who interacts with supply management and suppliers.