Inside Supply Management Magazine Author FAQs
Ever wanted to try your hand at writing? Do you have a great piece of advice or learning that you'd like to share with the profession. We'd love to learn more about you and share out your story.
Our Inside Supply Management Magazine® writing team will work with you through the process. Below covers the process and most frequently asked questions.
What are Institute for Supply Management®’s publications?
- A bi-monthly magazine, Inside Supply Management®
- A weekly digital newsletter, Inside Supply Management Weekly®, which features three articles that are posted on the website
How long are articles?
- Most e-newsletter articles are 500-1100 words (but some have been longer).
- Magazine articles typically range from 300-400 words for a one-page article (like the Voices page) to 900-1000 words for columns (like Insights and Competencies) to 1700-2600 words for a full-length feature.
Do you edit the articles before they are published?
- Yes, after a guest-written article is turned into us, we edit it and get it back to the author(s) for review. After guest authors make changes/edits and get the article back to us, the article is copyedited and proofread.
Can guest-written articles be published in other publications?
- Articles written for ISM publications cannot have been previously published or assigned elsewhere.
- Guest authors must sign a standard author agreement prior to publication.