Get Started on Your CPSD Journey
We Can Help You Achieve Success
Making a commitment to getting certified is a big deal, but you don’t have to take that journey alone. ISM offers exam preparation material and support to help you through your certification journey. In addition, we want to help encourage and support you to achieve your end goal through helpful study tip communications as well as accessing a community of CPSDs in our LinkedIn group to offer their advice and inspiration. You are never alone on this journey. Let us help you get started.
Step 1: Know the Criteria (Eligibility Requirements)
You will need the following professional experience and/or education:
- Three years professional (non-clerical, nonsupport) or supply management experience and have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, -OR-
- Five years of professional (non-clerical, nonsupport) supplier diversity or supply management experience (which does not need to be your primary function)
Step 2: Get Help Preparing for Exams
There are two exams to prepare for with the CPSD. They include:
- Supply Management Core (180 Questions — 3 hours)
- Essentials in Supplier Diversity — CPSD Exam 2 (150 Questions –2 hours 30 minutes)
Exam registrations are valid for six (6) months from the date that ISM processes your registration. You must test by the expiration date to avoid forfeiting your exam fees.
We offer a self-study CPSD Learning System, where you can study at your own pace for the Supply Management Core and Essentials in Supplier Diversity Exams. This digital learning system provides study reading material and practice exams. For candidates who hold an active CPSM or C.P.M., we offer study materials just for the Essentials in Supplier Diversity Exam.
2022 Exam Specification Preparation
*Please note that the Essentials in Supplier Diversity Exam for the 2022 Exam Specification will be available for purchase on January 10, 2022.
2010 Exam Specification Preparation
Essentials in Supplier Diversity Print Study Tool
* Please note that the last day to purchase the Essentials in Supplier Diversity Exam for the 2010 Exam Specification will be January 9, 2022.
Step 3: You’re Ready! Now Purchase and Schedule Your Exams
You are prepared and now it’s time to purchase and schedule your exam. Exam testing facilities are located throughout the world or we offer proctored exam options that you can take from the comfort of your own home.
If you have completed your studies with the print learning materials, please purchase the Essentials in Supplier Diversity 2010 Exam Specification version. If you are studying with a digital learning system, you will take the Essentials in Supplier Diversity Exam with the 2022 Exam Specification available on January 10, 2022.
To schedule your exam, go to our partner, PeasonVue’s website at: https://home.pearsonvue.com/ism
Step 4: You Passed! Submit Your Application
You completed the toughest part. Congratulations! Now it is time to complete and submit your application. Here are the items you will need to complete and process your certification application:
- Proof of education (Copy of diploma, transcripts)
- Work background/experience
- Complete and pass all required exams
- Payment information for processing fee