Performance Based Statements of Work (SOW)
Are you ready to maximize your supplier performance and supply management negotiation skills? This supply management course will provide you with new knowledge on how to develop effective performance-based statements of work (SOW) to improve your performance with suppliers. Get strategic and practical insight into SOW that aren’t just theoretical but will result in more successful contracts. During the two-day intensive supply management training, you’ll explore specific tools and techniques and examine common mistakes – and, most importantly, learn how to avoid them. You will gain hands-on experience using actual case studies and Q&A sessions. If your organization seeks to maximize supplier performance and it is one of your functional responsibilities, you won’t want to miss this practical and applicable course.
Member Price: $1,399.00
Jun 20-21, 2023
David Malone has over 30 years of management experience within municipal and Fortune 500 organizations, specializing in procurement, supply chain management and process improvement. His specialties include organizational design, talent acquisition, procurement system implementation, strategic sourcing, purchasing operations, supplier diversity, logistics management and travel management.
David is the founder and president of AcquireIQ, LLC a supply chain consulting and training company focused on helping organizations expand their procurement and supply chain value proposition through the optimization of people, process, and technology. David most recently served as Director of Procurement and Supply Management for the City of St Petersburg, FL and prior to that as Chief Procurement Officer for King County, Washington. He has served as the lead contracting officer and accounts payable leader for multiple organizations in both the public and private sectors. His responsibilities have included billions in annual purchases, including construction, technology, goods and services and he has delivered over $1 billion in savings via the strategic sourcing process for multiple entries. He has served as sponsor and leader of multiple Procurement Technology Modernizations, which includes the implementation of Oracle Procurement Cloud Applications as well as SAP Concur Travel system.
He has also served as the senior most procurement executive for Avery Dennison and US Cellular Corporations and as the Chief Procurement Officer for the City of Chicago from 2000 to 2004.
Other leadership roles include Director of Worldwide Procurement for R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company and Senior Vice President at Mesirow Financials real estate division. David has global business experience, having conducted business in multiple countries, and maintains active relationships within the procurement and supply chain community.
What You Will Learn:
- When to use performance-based statements of work (SOW)
- How to evolve your current SOW into performance-based tools to generate results
- How to write clear and concise performance-based specifications
- How to develop effective contract-performance measurements
- Ways to control project scope changes through effective performance-based SOW
- How to avoid typical failures associated with poorly written SOW
- How to apply what you’ve learned into practice for on-the-job success
Virtual Class Schedule:
Day 1 - 10:00 am ET - 1:30 pm ET / 7:00 am PT - 10:30 am PT (3.5 hours), Break for Lunch
Day 1 - 2:30 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET / 11:30 am PT - 3:00 pm PT (3.5 hours)
Day 2 - 10:00 am ET - 1:30 pm ET / 7:00 am PT - 10:30 am PT (3.5 hours), Break for Lunch
Day 2 - 2:30 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET / 11:30 am PT - 3:00 pm PT (3.5 hours)
Course Overview & Goals:
- Building the foundation: defining the SOW and identifying its purpose; different types of SOWs, including public and commercial models
- Uses of SOWs: Deliverables, managing costs, controlling change
- Why use performance-based specifications?
- Developing performance measurements
- Steps and guidelines for writing a performance-based SOW
- Critical lessons for SOW development: Required improvements and controls
- Successful SOWs: Effective models, comparisons and key success factors
- SOWs links to project management
- Managing deliverables: Documenting requirements, contract essentials, managing risk, ensuring performance results
Who Should Attend:
This course is ideal for any supply management professional from all industry sectors and the public sector who are committed to enhancing supplier performance through more effective statements of work.
Terms And Conditions
Virtual Learning Transferals: Registrations are transferable without any charge to another ISM Virtual Learning Course occurring within 12 months of the original purchase. Transferring registrations to another party are subject to price variance or change based on membership status and an additional $50 fee will be incurred.
Cancellations Virtual Learning: Cancellations more than 5 weeks before the date of the course will incur an administrative charge of 50 percent. Cancellation within 5 weeks of the date of the event will be charged the full fee. You must notify ISM in writing of a cancellation.
Tax Deduction: The Internal Revenue Service may permit an income tax deduction to U.S. residents for expenses (including registration fees, travel costs, meals and lodging) incurred in pursuit of continuing professional education. Consult your tax adviser for details.