Developing Excellence in Strategic Supply Management and Procurement
The development and implementation of carefully crafted strategies for the acquisition of all goods, equipment, materials, and services is a critical issue in all organizations wishing to reduce operating costs while improving quality and productivity. This program explores key concepts forming the basis of strategic supply management and moves today’s supply management organization from its typical tactical focus to the strategic focus needed to successfully implement the processes and methods needed to reach world-class performance.
Member Price: $1,199.00
Aug 2-3, 2023
Robi Bendorf has over 30 years of purchasing and sales experience, involving domestic and international activities, for a broad range of manufacturing and service businesses. He has extensive experience in consulting and training in purchasing, contracts, reengineering the supply management process, the management of procurement functions, global sourcing of materials and components, reducing cost of purchased materials and services, and negotiation of complex transactions and contracts. He has held purchasing and contracts management positions in high volume manufacturing, subcontract, job shop, and service operations, involving gas turbine manufacturing, power generation, nuclear and fossil power plants, electrical distribution and control, air conditioning equipment and global sourcing services.
Prior to becoming a full-time consultant in 1994, Bendorf served as Manager of Customer and Supplier Development for the Westinghouse Trading Company. He has given presentations on numerous purchasing and contract management topics to ISM, major universities, and numerous in-house seminars for industrial and services clients in the United States and over 150 public seminars internationally. He was selected to present seminars at the last 13 ISM international conferences and has contributed numerous articles to Inside Supply Management®. Bendorf was selected as ISM’s National Person of the Year in both Global Resources and in Education/Learning.
Some of his many clients include Ethicon Endo Surgery (Division of J&J), Knoll Furniture, Florida State University, Duquesne University, American Air Filter, Tippins Steel, Dormont Manufacturing, Medrad Medical, Westinghouse Electric Corporation, Hewitt, Sunoco, Exxon Mobile, TJ Maxx and Apple Computer, Bendorf is a lifetime C.P.M. and is a CPSM. He has an undergraduate degree from the University of Texas and a Master’s Degree from Penn State University.
What You Will Learn:
- The 4 Stages to world-class supply management
- An increased skill sets in supply management
- The 3 Categories for organizing the spend profile
- A greater ability in leading continuous improvement programs
- Ways to deal with economic uncertainties
- How to develop a “Hierarchical Purchasing Coding System”
- The 6 Steps in the development of a composite purchase price index
- How to get more time out of your day to be less tactical and work on strategic issues for high performance
- The 30 categories that should be included in a purchased materials/services strategic plan outline
Virtual Class Schedule:
Day 1 - 10:00 am ET - 1:30 pm ET / 7:00 am PT - 10:30 am PT (3.5 hours), Break for Lunch
Day 1 - 2:30 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET / 11:30 am PT - 3:00 pm PT (3.5 hours)
Day 2 - 10:00 am ET - 1:30 pm ET / 7:00 am PT - 10:30 am PT (3.5 hours), Break for Lunch
Day 2 - 2:30 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET / 11:30 am PT - 3:00 pm PT (3.5 hours)
Course Overview & Goals:
- The stages to world-class supply management
- Managing change and becoming more strategic
- The supply management impact on the organizational bottom line
- Supply management skill sets for high performing teams
- Examples of job descriptions for supply management
- How to define the supply management mission and vision
- Developing the spend profile
- How to create time to be strategic
- The ABC (Pareto) analysis and what to do with it
- Material/services procurement hierarchical code development
- Understanding where you rank as a customer
- Dealing with economic uncertainties
- Using Market Indexes, when, where, and how to use “economic price adjustment clauses”
- Total cost of ownership: reengineering the processes, developing the purchase price index for your organization
- Developing purchased materials/services strategic plans
- Supplier segmentation model
- Supplier risk analysis
Who Should Attend:?
The workshop is ideal for managers and professionals in supply management and procurement. Additionally, materials, contracts, projects, maintenance, operations, and financial managers with supply chain responsibilities will find this workshop valuable. Any manager or professional interested in lowering total cost and increasing productivity and profit contributions from better supply management operations will benefit from this supply management course.
Terms And Conditions
Virtual Learning Transferals: Registrations are transferable without any charge to another ISM Virtual Learning Course occurring within 12 months of the original purchase. Transferring registrations to another party are subject to price variance or change based on membership status and an additional $50 fee will be incurred.
Cancellations Virtual Learning: Cancellations more than 5 weeks before the date of the course will incur an administrative charge of 50 percent. Cancellation within 5 weeks of the date of the event will be charged the full fee. You must notify ISM in writing of a cancellation.
Tax Deduction: The Internal Revenue Service may permit an income tax deduction to U.S. residents for expenses (including registration fees, travel costs, meals and lodging) incurred in pursuit of continuing professional education. Consult your tax adviser for details.