Category management requires that you think of the big picture and ISM's Guided Learning will enable you to fully leverage this strategic procurement opportunity. Designed with today's busy professional in mind, this comprehensive, self-paced course will provide an understanding of supply chain dynamics and their broader impact on your organization.
Member Price: $950.00
Sep 15, 2022 To Oct 14, 2022
Category management is a strategic approach to sourcing that bundles and centralizes related goods into larger contracts, making them easier to administer while obtaining lower prices. This leads to more holistic and sustainable supply and risk management strategies that are consistent with the long-range objectives of the organization. Led by an ISM subject matter expert, this course covers the best practices of category management through weekly webinars and daily online training modules that consist of multimedia, knowledge checks and practical application activities.
- Create a category management plan to meet the organization's key objectives
- Understand how to execute a category management plan
- Learn how to implement an effective category management governance structure
- Identify savings potential and opportunities and strategies for specific categories through spend analysis
- Identify opportunities and benefits for rationalizing the category supply base
- Understand how to develop, oversee and execute multichannel disposition plan for excess inventory and finished goods within a category
- Discover key facets of spend visibility
- Realize and discover key processes in change management
- Develop an understanding of cost structures and drivers
- Discover the impact of globalization on category management
This Guided Learning is a self-paced course consisting of online reading and 4 live webinars over a 5 week period. The webinars are scheduled for:
09/15/22 from 4:00-5:00 PM ET
09/22/22 from 4:00-5:00 PM ET
10/06/22 from 4:00-5:00 PM ET
10/12/22 from 4:00- 5:00 PM ET
Who Should Attend:
This ISM category management course is ideal for supply management professionals who seek skills and knowledge to become more strategic in category management.
Terms And Conditions
Guided Learning Transferals: Registrations are transferable without any charge to another ISM Guided Learning Course occurring within 12 months of the original purchase. Transferring registrations to another party are subject to price variance or change based on membership status and an additional $50 fee will be incurred.
Cancellations Guided Learning: Cancellations more than 5 weeks before the date of the course will incur an administrative charge of 50 percent. Cancellation within 5 weeks of the date of the event will be charged the full fee. You must notify ISM in writing of a cancellation.
Tax Deduction: The Internal Revenue Service may permit an income tax deduction to U.S. residents for expenses (including registration fees, travel costs, meals and lodging) incurred in pursuit of continuing professional education. Consult your tax adviser for details.