Materials management is an organizational approach used to integrate the supply management functions within a company. It involves the planning, acquisition, flow and distribution of production materials from the raw material state to the finished product. Logistics is the process of planning, implementing and controlling the efficient, cost-effective flow and storage of raw materials, in-process inventory, finished goods and related information from point of origin to point of consumption for the purpose of conforming to customer requirements. This course will focus on the integrated approach to optimize an organization.
Member Price: $1,199.00
Jun 7-8, 2023
What You Will Learn:
- Overview of Logistics and Materials Management. Discover the strategic value of logistics and materials management.
- Supplier Categorization & Segmentation. Determining the type of supply relationship you are in with your supplier, and the appropriate approach and behaviors given each type activity.
- Total Cost. Identifying the useful components of total cost for the category you manage, how to gauge total fixed, variable and semi-variable costs activity.
- Strategic Cost Analysis & TCO. Create awareness within an organization to establish best known cost strategies.
- Risk Management. Identification, analysis, and mitigation for what could go wrong within a given process or entity.
- Engagement and NPI. Consider engagement strategies through the product life cycle with expanded focus on new products and services.
- Stakeholder Management. Managing stakeholders leading up to and during a negotiation and influencing them.
- Logistics. The efficient, cost-effective flow and storage of raw materials, in-process inventory and finished goods.
- International Transport. Understand multiple variables to successfully moves materials across the globe.
- Expedited Freight. How to deliver products or services in a crisis mode.
Virtual Class Schedule:
Day 1 - 10:00 am ET - 1:30 pm ET / 7:00 am PT - 10:30 am PT (3.5 hours), Break for Lunch
Day 1 - 2:30 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET / 11:30 am PT - 3:00 pm PT (3.5 hours)
Day 2 - 10:00 am ET - 1:30 pm ET / 7:00 am PT - 10:30 am PT (3.5 hours), Break for Lunch
Day 2 - 2:30 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET / 11:30 am PT - 3:00 pm PT (3.5 hours)
Who Should Attend:This supply management training is ideal for foundational and proficient level professionals involved in the various aspects of logistics, materials management and inventory optimization. Discovering and leveraging these blended techniques can improve organizational performance and costs.
Terms And Conditions
Virtual Learning Transferals: Registrations are transferable without any charge to another ISM Virtual Learning Course occurring within 12 months of the original purchase. Transferring registrations to another party are subject to price variance or change based on membership status and an additional $50 fee will be incurred.
Cancellations Virtual Learning: Cancellations more than 5 weeks before the date of the course will incur an administrative charge of 50 percent. Cancellation within 5 weeks of the date of the event will be charged the full fee. You must notify ISM in writing of a cancellation.
Tax Deduction: The Internal Revenue Service may permit an income tax deduction to U.S. residents for expenses (including registration fees, travel costs, meals and lodging) incurred in pursuit of continuing professional education. Consult your tax adviser for details.