Monitoring and tracking of raw materials and goods help keep costs low and enable your organization to meet demand. Best practices and topics included in this course include logistics receiving, forecasting, replenishment, inventory classification and minimizing risk through the optimization of cycle and safety stock levels. Through this course, both fundamental and proficient level professionals will gain insight into the essential skills required to effectively manage an organization’s assets and reduce holding costs.
Member Price: $950.00
Apr 26, 2023
10 AM - 6 PM ET
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management Process:Reviewing supply chain end-to-end processes and drivers.
- Logistics Receiving: Understanding inbound logistic variable and best practices.
- Warehouse Basics: Discovering warehouse options, cost drivers and management systems (WMS).
- MRP System: Determining factors for inventory planning.
- Forecasting Time Horizons: Identifying dependent and independent demand with scheduling windows.
- Replenishment: Reviewing strategies to bring inventory to appropriate levels.
- Inventory Classification: Understanding inventory strategies that comprehend usage rates, variability and frequency of use.
- Cycle Stock and Safety Stock: Determining types and levels of inventory to minimize risk and optimize costs.
- Slow Moving and Obsolete Inventory (SLOBS) : Developing strategies for dispositioning not required inventory.
Who Should Attend:
This supply management training is ideal for fundamental & proficient level professionals involved in the various aspects of procurement, logistics or planning. Understanding elements of inventory and warehousing will provide proactive supplier strategies to drive down organizational costs and improve profitability.
Virtual Class Schedule:
Day 1 - 10:00 am ET - 1:30 pm ET / 7:00 am PT - 10:30 am PT (3.5 hours), Break for Lunch
Day 1 - 2:30 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET / 11:30 am PT - 3:00 pm PT (3.5 hours)
Terms And Conditions
Virtual Learning Transferals: Registrations are transferable without any charge to another ISM Virtual Learning Course occurring within 12 months of the original purchase. Transferring registrations to another party are subject to price variance or change based on membership status and an additional $50 fee will be incurred.
Cancellations Virtual Learning: Cancellations more than 5 weeks before the date of the course will incur an administrative charge of 50 percent. Cancellation within 5 weeks of the date of the event will be charged the full fee. You must notify ISM in writing of a cancellation.
Tax Deduction: The Internal Revenue Service may permit an income tax deduction to U.S. residents for expenses (including registration fees, travel costs, meals and lodging) incurred in pursuit of continuing professional education. Consult your tax adviser for details.