Negotiation skills not only influence individual purchases, but also business relationships. It is an exploratory and communication process that identifies interests, walkaway alternatives and options. This course will hone your negotiation skills and build a foundation of knowledge enabling you to provide the best outcome for your organization.
Member Price: $1,199.00
Apr 18-19, 2023
- Negotiation Overview: Understanding the purpose of negotiations for supply management professionals and the different types of negotiations.
- Steps in Negotiation: Understanding the seven steps in negotiation.
- Negotiation Strategies: Selecting the right strategy to engage the supplier in a negotiation.
- Conditioning & Information Control: Deep dive into the influencing techniques of conditioning, persuasion techniques and practicing them.
- Negotiation Styles for You and Your Team: Understanding your style, how to leverage it and the need to shift styles as well as organizing the right team for the negotiation.
- Cost Information in Negotiations: Gathering and using cost data and information to prepare for a negotiation and during the negotiation.
- 1:1 Negotiation: Understanding and practicing techniques for 1:1 negotiating.
- Stakeholder Management: Managing stakeholders leading up to and during a negotiation and influencing them.
- Team Negotiation: Understanding team dynamics in a negotiation, roles, etc.
- Advanced Negotiation Planning: Using ISM planning templates in preparation for a negotiation with a difficult supplier.
- Negotiation Post-Mortem: Learning from negotiations and feeding the continuous improvement processes.
- Action Plan: Using the tools and techniques to achieve a measurable result.
Virtual Class Schedule:
Day 1 - 10:00 am ET - 1:30 pm ET / 7:00 am PT - 10:30 am PT (3.5 hours), Break for Lunch
Day 1 - 2:30 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET / 11:30 am PT - 3:00 pm PT (3.5 hours)
Day 2 - 10:00 am ET - 1:30 pm ET / 7:00 am PT - 10:30 am PT (3.5 hours), Break for Lunch
Day 2 - 2:30 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET / 11:30 am PT - 3:00 pm PT (3.5 hours)
Who Should Attend:
This supply management training is ideal for fundamental & proficient level professionals involved in the various aspects of sourcing, contracting and relationship management. You will gain insight on negotiation strategies to take in product or service negotiations to optimize organizational value.
Terms And Conditions
Virtual Learning Transferals: Registrations are transferable without any charge to another ISM Virtual Learning Course occurring within 12 months of the original purchase. Transferring registrations to another party are subject to price variance or change based on membership status and an additional $50 fee will be incurred.
Cancellations Virtual Learning: Cancellations more than 5 weeks before the date of the course will incur an administrative charge of 50 percent. Cancellation within 5 weeks of the date of the event will be charged the full fee. You must notify ISM in writing of a cancellation.
Tax Deduction: The Internal Revenue Service may permit an income tax deduction to U.S. residents for expenses (including registration fees, travel costs, meals and lodging) incurred in pursuit of continuing professional education. Consult your tax adviser for details.