Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) is the process by which an organization works with its suppliers to accomplish common goals or objectives. SRM is vital to the success of your organization’s top and bottom line. As a supply management professional, you play an essential role in the success of these relationships. And, the more skilled you are at navigating and managing these relationships, the more valuable you will be to your organization. This course will provide you with impactful strategies and models to optimize the performance of your suppliers. You’ll learn how to effectively partner with internal stakeholders to segment and manage your supplier relationships. Gain knowledge and skills to identify and execute relationship strategies to improve overall efficiency, performance, accountability, compliance and value.
Member Price: $1,199.00
Feb 23-24, 2022
Ralph Carlton has over 16 years’ experience in Global Sourcing & Supply Chain Management. Prior to that, he had several roles in product and test engineering. He is a global sourcing and risk management professional with service in automotive, aerospace, and consumer products industries.
Ralph has led global teams focused on strategy, sourcing best practices, innovation, supply chain management within new product development, risk management, and supplier relationship and performance management. Ralph has consistently served as a subject matter expert on supplier development, process improvements, operational risk, negotiations and cost savings, and designing/executing supplier and commodity/category strategies.
Education: BSE, Materials Engineering, University of Michigan / MBA, Ilitch School of Business, Wayne State University
What You Will Learn:
- Cultural and leadership benefits
- Strategies for good relations
- Facets of contract administration
- Segment suppliers appropriately
- Establish partnerships and alliances
- Create supplier evaluations
- Development of suppliers
- Value of early supplier involvement
- Supplier cost reduction
- Optimize supply chain management
- Benefits of technology
Virtual Class Schedule:
Day 1 - 10:00 am ET - 1:30 pm ET / 7:00 am PT - 10:30 am PT (3.5 hours), Break for Lunch
Day 1 - 2:30 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET / 11:30 am PT - 3:00 pm PT (3.5 hours)
Day 2 - 10:00 am ET - 1:30 pm ET / 7:00 am PT - 10:30 am PT (3.5 hours), Break for Lunch
Day 2 - 2:30 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET / 11:30 am PT - 3:00 pm PT (3.5 hours)
Course Overview & Goals:
- Prepare your organization for SRM:
- Realize the benefits from SRM
- Understand the need for cultural and leadership alignment
- Discover strategies that create good relations
- Understand the principles of SRM:
- Learn the facets of contract administration
- Analyze your supplier portfolio to segment appropriately
- Acquire ways to establish partnerships and strategic alliances
- Reveal supplier innovation opportunities:
- Evaluate opportunities for supplier continuous improvement
- Discover the value of early supplier involvement is your organization
- Leverage organizational Innovation through supplier engagement
- Review ways to reduce costs through value analysis/value engineering
- Discover supply base optimization:
- Understand supplier risk factors and ways to mitigate
- Acquire knowledge of supply base management
- Attain insight to optimize supply chain management
- Discover the power of SRM technology
Who Should Attend:
Any new supply management professionals will find this course highly valuable. Additionally, experienced professionals wishing to refresh and update their skills can greatly benefit from the information in this course. Finally, any personnel within the organization who interface with purchasers or suppliers will gain important information to help them navigate supplier relationships. Please bring a calculator to this supply management training.
Terms And Conditions
Virtual Learning Transferals: Registrations are transferable without any charge to another ISM Virtual Learning Course occurring within 12 months of the original purchase. Transferring registrations to another party are subject to price variance or change based on membership status and an additional $50 fee will be incurred.
Cancellations Virtual Learning: Cancellations more than 5 weeks before the date of the course will incur an administrative charge of 50 percent. Cancellation within 5 weeks of the date of the event will be charged the full fee. You must notify ISM in writing of a cancellation.
Tax Deduction: The Internal Revenue Service may permit an income tax deduction to U.S. residents for expenses (including registration fees, travel costs, meals and lodging) incurred in pursuit of continuing professional education. Consult your tax adviser for details.