Many supply chain professionals learn the basics of contracting on the job. However, to advance in your profession, you’ll need to develop more sophisticated contracting skills. This Virtual Classroom course bundle combines two essential courses in the Legal competency, Contracting: What all the T’s & C’s Mean and Contracting: Beyond the Basics. In both courses, you are encouraged to bring your own contracts for hands-on practical learning and application.
Save 10% when you buy these courses in this bundle.
Member Price: $2,158.20
Contracting: What all the T’s & C’s Mean
April 20 – 22, 2021 | 14 CEHs
This popular and essential supply chain course thoroughly addresses many of the standard terms found in most contracts and also examines the impact of electronic purchasing. Discussions delve into key terminology, clauses that can be used in drawing up agreements, and examples of contract language.
What You Will Learn:
- The elements of a contract
- The use of common contract clauses (terms and conditions) for goods and services
- When different clauses should and should not be used
- How to draft better contract clauses
- The impact of electronic purchasing on contracting
- Hands on applicable knowledge relevant to your contracts
Contracting: Beyond the Basics
June 23 – 25, 2021 | 14 CEHs
This supply chain management course will provide you with advanced contracting know-how to progress in your career and take on new challenges. In this “beyond the basics” contracting course, you’ll build upon your existing contract knowledge and take it a step further by focusing on how to construct effective customized agreements. For hands-on practice, you’ll review numerous contract clauses and their uses in various situations, including services, software, construction and e-commerce. This course will also address contracts from a global perspective to prepare you with global contracting skills, an in-demand skill set. To ensure this course is applicable to your specific role, you're invited to have copies of your contracts for reference during the program.
What You Will Learn:
- How to draft situation-specific contracts
- How to analyze various types of contracts, including capital equipment, services, design work and construction
- How to protect your organization from common contract pitfalls
- Ways to broaden and strengthen your contract-writing capability
- How contracts should be put together and how contracts flow
- How to change and broaden a contract for different situations
- International concerns and clauses
- How to write and review a contract
Virtual Class Schedule:
Day 1 - 10:00 am ET - 3:00 pm ET / 7:00 am PT - 12:00 am PT (with two 15 minute breaks)
Day 2 - 10:00 am ET - 3:00 pm ET / 7:00 am PT - 12:00 pm PT (with two 15 minute breaks)
Day 3 - 10:00 am ET - 2:00 pm ET / 7:00 am PT - 11:00 am PT (with two 10 minute breaks)
Who Should Attend:
Supply management professionals who desire to understand basic contract premises and law, as well as want to improve how they analyze and draft various types of contracts.
IncludesContracting: What all the T's C's Mean Contracting: Beyond the Basics