Category managers assess demand for a product or service across the organization. The goal of category management is to find innovative ways to reduce cost and increase the competitiveness of the enterprise – not always an easy task. This supply management course will put you on the fast-track to using spend analysis and proven category management techniques to their full advantage. Leave equipped with new skills to excel in your role. During the two days, there will be ample time to participate in practical exercises utilizing new tools and methods to put to immediate use in your job.
Member Price: $1,199.00
Dec 15-16, 2021
Greg is a senior leader and Certified Purchasing Manager with over 30 years of experience in purchasing, sourcing and supply management. Industry experience includes food, beverage, chemicals, energy, pharmaceuticals, electronics and consumer goods. Expertise in crafting and managing large complex contracts for global corporations, identifying savings and building strong partnerships internally and externally.
What You Will Learn:
- Supplier and customer segmentation
- The five best practices of category management
- The market forces impacting your sourcing approach
- How to determine the spend profile of a category
- Four cost elements that make up a price
- Supplier pricing methods and cost models
- How to deconstruct price
- Supplier financial analyses that provide useful options to stakeholders
- Techniques for identifying and managing category-specific risk
- How to develop a category strategy
- The five elements of a valid contract
- The significance of SOWs
Course Overview & Goals:
- Dive into segmentation: Supplier portfolio matrix and customer matrix
- A category management overview and process that will cover: definitions, best practices, and category teams
- Examine supply market analysis, including:?SWOT, market analysis, STEEP, sources of date, Porter’s 5 Forces, and multi-year analysis
- Learn more about spend analysis: addressable spend, Pareto analysis, classification and categorization
- Dig deeper into price and cost analysis: price and cost development, supplier pricing methods and cost models, deconstructing price, variable cost analysis, portfolio matrix
- Take a closer look at supplier financial analysis: profitability ratios, efficiency ratios, sources of data
- Examine risk management deeper: planning and strategy and portfolio and risk matrices
- Dive into opportunity analysis, including supplier matrix
- Learn more about category strategy development and category plan
- Examine contracts and SOWs, including: elements of a contract, types of contracts, significance and element of SOWs
- Leave with an action plan to implement what you’ve learned into your organization for success
Who Should Attend:
This category management training is ideal for buyers, sourcing specialists, category managers and similar functions, as well those who manage these responsibilities.
Terms And Conditions
Invoice Payment Terms: Full payment is required before participation in the event. We reserve the right to refuse admission if full payment is not received in accordance with these terms.
ISM Promotions: ISM promotions are applicable to registrations where other promotions and discounts have not been applied. Any promotion that contains a deliverable by ISM shall be delivered upon the conclusion of the event and verification of your attendance. ISM reserves the right to substitute any promotion with equal or lesser value.
Group Registrations: Eligible group discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, registrations must be received at the same time and individuals in the group must be from the same company to be eligible (Student registration rate is not eligible for group registration). Cancellations must be in writing and received 5 weeks prior to the event. No refunds shall be given for cancellations received within 5 weeks of the event. If the organization is no longer eligible for the group discount, each registration will revert to individual pricing and the balance due will be deducted from the refund amount. Transferring the registration to another colleague is accepted – additional fees may apply.
Event Cancellations: Cancellations more than 5 weeks before the date of the event will incur an administrative charge of 50%. Cancellation within 5 weeks of the date of the event will be charged the full fee. You must notify ISM in writing of a cancellation.
Indemnity: ISM reserve the right to make changes, restructure or postpone the program without notice. If the program is not held for any reason, ISM's liability is limited to the program fee.
Special Needs: If you have special dietary needs or if you require any special services or auxiliary aids in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act, please be sure to check the appropriate line on the event registration form. An ISM representative will contact you to confirm your special needs.
Antitrust Statement: It is the express policy of ISM to comply at all times with all existing laws, including the antitrust laws, and in furtherance thereof, this ISM Antitrust Policy shall apply to all activities and programs sponsored or conducted by or within ISM, including CAPS Research, and is intended to minimize the risk of the appearance of any violation of the antitrust laws.
Photo/Audio/Video Release: From time to time, ISM uses photos and/or audio/video of participants in public event spaces in our promotional and educational materials. By virtue of your attendance, you agree to the use of your likeness in such materials, including print and/or electronic media without further notification or authorization.