Software licenses and cloud computing contracts play central roles in technology procurement. Yet many lawyers, contract managers, and procurement officers misunderstand their key terms, including the differences between on-premise software and cloud computing agreements. This session will examine five of the key clauses in IT contracts – each with its own typical mistake or misunderstanding. It will prepare contract staff to draft and negotiate better, faster, and with more confidence.
You will learn:
- Grasp the difference between contracts about on-premise software, on the one hand, and software-as-a-service (SaaS) and other types of cloud computing, on the other – and avoid contracting errors as a result.
- Negotiate and draft indemnity clause with fewer errors and less argument and in less time.
- Avoid common contracting mistakes related to data security, privacy, and other topics.
- For IT buyer staff, reduce the knowledge gap that gives vendor staff an advantage in IT negotiations.
- For IT vendor staff, grasp the key objections typical of sophisticated customers and learn to address them.
David W. Tollen, founder of Tech Contracts Academy, LLC:
David W. Tollen is one of the industry’s leading authorities on software licenses and cloud computing agreements. He is the author of The Tech Contracts Handbook and an attorney and expert witness, and he teaches at the U.C. Berkeley Law School.
Access Allowed for60 Days
Terms And Conditions
ISM Promotions: ISM promotions are applicable to registrations where other promotions and discounts have not been applied. Any promotion that contains a deliverable by ISM shall be delivered upon the conclusion of the event and verification of your attendance. ISM reserves the right to substitute any promotion with equal or lesser value.
Cancellation Self-Paced Learning: Upon purchase, these courses are non-refundable.
Tax Deduction: The Internal Revenue Service may permit an income tax deduction to U.S. residents for expenses (including registration fees, travel costs, meals and lodging) incurred in pursuit of continuing professional education. Consult your tax adviser for details.
RESEARCH RELATED PRODUCTS
Cancellation: Research purchases are non-refundable.
Intellectual property: This product and the data are protected by United States and International copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may use material on this site for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must obtain our express written permission to reproduce any part of the site or other intellectual property owned by us or to create a link to the site.