In this ISM Virtual Learning supply management course, you’ll learn how to prioritize and manage different types of relationships. Upon completing this foundational supplier management course, you will understand how alignment between organizational strategy and supplier performance provides a critical path to success. An ISM subject matter expert will show you how the value of strong relationships will greatly enhance your intended expectations as well as how this newfound skill will help you advance in your career.
Member Price: $295.00
Apr 14, 2021
11 AM - 1 PM ET
Kelly has been involved in purchasing, contracting and supply chain management throughout a career spanning 40 years. He has held executive and senior management positions in state government, investor-owned electric and gas utilities, manufacturing and non-profit gaming. Additionally, prior to retirement, he was a contributor to two nationally published economic surveys.
Kelly holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree with emphasis in economics. Designated as a Certified Professional in Supply Management by the Institute for Supply Management (ISM), he was a participant in the first CPSM certification program, awarded certification number 163.
- Key Terms for Supplier Relationship Management:
- Gain a high-level overview of what supplier relationship management is and why it’s vital to the health of the supply chain.
- Discover the key terms used in this practice.
- Benefits of Managing Supplier Relationships:
- Learn three surprising statistics that will convince you that you want to be a customer of choice.
- The Right Strategy for Each Supplier:
- Get started with the supplier strategy matrix.
- Learn how to use it to combine your knowledge of your suppliers and your knowledge of your own organization to pick the best strategy for each of your suppliers.
- Visiting Your Suppliers:
- Explore some of the reasons you might want to visit your suppliers on-site and face-to-face.
- Supplier Conditioning:
- See how you can use this technique to set expectations and boundaries for your suppliers.
Who should attend:
New procurement and supply management professionals, as well as more experienced professionals who want to refresh and update their skills. Also, any company employee who interacts with supply management and suppliers
Terms And Conditions
Virtual Learning Transferals: Registrations are transferable without any charge to another ISM Virtual Learning Course occurring within 12 months of the original purchase. Transferring registrations to another party are subject to price variance or change based on membership status and an additional $50 fee will be incurred.
Cancellations Virtual Learning: Cancellations more than 5 weeks before the date of the course will incur an administrative charge of 50 percent. Cancellation within 5 weeks of the date of the event will be charged the full fee. You must notify ISM in writing of a cancellation.
Tax Deduction: The Internal Revenue Service may permit an income tax deduction to U.S. residents for expenses (including registration fees, travel costs, meals and lodging) incurred in pursuit of continuing professional education. Consult your tax adviser for details.