Navigating risk is critical for any business. This course will show you how to identify risk and prepare a risk management strategy in a dynamic business environment. Supply management professionals require knowledge, skills and tools to effectively understand the scope of risk, domestically and internationally. Delivering proactive solutions will ensure the organization is adequately prepared for the known and unknown.
*** Please Note: ISM uses Zoom Meeting for its virtual learning sessions, this free application is required to participate.
Member Price: $295.00
Mar 10, 2021
11 AM - 1 PM ET
Ralph Carlton has over 16 years’ experience in Global Sourcing & Supply Chain Management. Prior to that, he had several roles in product and test engineering. He is a global sourcing and risk management professional with service in automotive, aerospace, and consumer products industries.
Ralph has led global teams focused on strategy, sourcing best practices, innovation, supply chain management within new product development, risk management, and supplier relationship and performance management. Ralph has consistently served as a subject matter expert on supplier development, process improvements, operational risk, negotiations and cost savings, and designing/executing supplier and commodity/category strategies.
Education: BSE, Materials Engineering, University of Michigan / MBA, Ilitch School of Business, Wayne State University
Understand Supply Management Risks in Global Business
- You will gain clarity on risk management within the supply chain ecosystem. It is important to understand your organizational risks and look for benchmarks / solutions.
Understand Five Key Points
- You will learn about the five key points to consider when discussing risk management.
Understand Segmentation Strategies for Risk Levels
- The portfolio matrix is the basis of risk management strategy. You will explore the interrelationship between types of suppliers, value of spend, market complexity, and the risk management strategies that are appropriate for each situation.
Identify Strategies for Risk Management
- The appetite for risk varies among organizations. You will discover four strategies and their applications when working with four different types of vendors.
Leverage Risk Tools to Optimize Resources
- Plotting categories or suppliers on the matrix helps prioritize activities and focus attention on appropriate strategies.
Maximize your learning with this 2-hour virtual learning course through interactive exercises and direct access to your instructor within an online environment.
Terms And Conditions
Virtual Learning Transferals: Registrations are transferable without any charge to another ISM Virtual Learning Course occurring within 12 months of the original purchase. Transferring registrations to another party are subject to price variance or change based on membership status and an additional $50 fee will be incurred.
Cancellations Virtual Learning: Cancellations more than 5 weeks before the date of the course will incur an administrative charge of 50 percent. Cancellation within 5 weeks of the date of the event will be charged the full fee. You must notify ISM in writing of a cancellation.
Tax Deduction: The Internal Revenue Service may permit an income tax deduction to U.S. residents for expenses (including registration fees, travel costs, meals and lodging) incurred in pursuit of continuing professional education. Consult your tax adviser for details.